Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Comfort Zone

Well well well,life is always like this...when things do not happen,they really DO NOT happen (废话) and you are miles away from seeing anything materialising.And when things do happen,they come in a barrage that virtually leaves you breathless...not necessarily with excitement, but just overwhelmed with the sheer volume of things that come your way.

I have been complaining about wanting a change in environment for a looooong time,so long that in fact Jesus must have heard my first complaint while he was STILL walking on the sands of this earth.I guess that must be why God is bored with my requests...anyway,what do you know...like I said,when things happen,they come in a avalanche.God do answer prayers,you know.

I had met my looooong-time friend,Jen,online for the first time in six months.The bugger.When I had returned from Taiwan sometime in the month of January,I had repeatedly told her to keep me updated on what's happening when she went on a trip to India to see her boyfriend (or future ex-boyfriend if she ever plucks up the courage to just break up) and after her business trip to the US.The bugger,of course,never contacted me.

Ok,I could have contacted Jen myself but come on,I am too lazy...but anyway,I finally met her online on Friday night.She claimed that she left several messages for me on my ICQ but lo and behold,I got ZERO messages there...how many of you actually still use ICQ actively?I don't...using ICQ is like sending snail mail instead of email,supporting Man Utd instead of Chelsea,it's so passe.

Anyway,we talked...and talked and talked...about how she is quitting her job soon to go to Birmingham (UK) to study,about her boyfriend,about her brother,about Bishop,about quitting our jobs...ah...you see,she was asking me if I was still working at where I am and I told her,"Why do you even bother asking,you idiot?"...and got a mighty laugh out of her.HELL...she's laughing at my failures...I promise I will set fire to her domitory when I visit her in Birmingham.

What do you know?

I received a notice of a vacancy in another department yesterday...came totally out of the blue.It was a position for a logistics executive position.Ok,not exactly my idea to switch to a career in logs but it represented change...something I have been asking for ages and then suddenly I froze...after reading the job description.

HELL...

That sounds like a real job in a real world.A job that requires loads of actual work and has tangible outcome.Jesus,that's too much to bear.I went into shock and had to be revived by Smurfette.

Isn't she lovely?
Smurfette, my lover.

I had a rethink about my options yesterday.I was extremely preoccupied by my thoughts and so decided that the best way to exercise them was to watch a Bruce Willis movie called "Hostage".Phoah...and Bruce Willis actually spoke to me.

He told me,"Hey,brother,you want a phucking job?Then you gotta wake up.You think anyway else got your kind of cushy job?Hell,government job should be like "Die Hard"...loads and loads of explosions fighting terrorists...and you?You sit at your desk like a sissy."

I replied,"Yes,Brother Bruce,I get your point.I can't always be in my comfort zone.I gotta be out there,fighting suicide bombers like you do and shooting Brazilians like the UK police.That's the only way England can win the World Cup,by shooting Brazilians."

Brother Bruce:"That's the way,my X-Men Brother.It's just too bad I cast Die Hard 4 before I met you but I'd reserve a role for you in Die Hard 5."

I told him,"No problem,Brother Bruce.And I'd reserve a role for you in my next movie too, 跑吧,女孩子 - The Anti-Vice Crime Story."

Brother Bruce,"Great...and just in case you need a woman.I'd give you Demi's number..."

Me:"Ermmm...can give me Lindsay Lohan's instead?"

Bruce, still saving the world
Bruce, my brother

And so I decided after talking to Brother Bruce that I have to step out of my comfort zone if I really do want to get out of here.The environment here is great,no doubt...but it's so cushy,it softens you...to the point where the outside world becomes a gigantic culture shock to you and you find yourself unable to cope and becoming schizophrenic.But that's ok.Because Singapore's medical facilities are first class.

Besides the logs executive opportunity that presented itself,another opening has materialised...that is,a place in the departemnt where Colossus is going.He told me he'd put in a word for me if I was truly interested...I gave a thought to it... and yeah,decided I am.It is a stepping stone to learning new things and maybe going out to the corporate world after that and that was appealing.Much like the logs position in a way but less stressing since I do not necessarily have to relearn everything from scratch in this instance.

Ok...so finally some action is coming my way in terms of career motion...HURRAY.I am so happy in fact,I will finally post a picture of myself on this blog...so that all you loyal readers will know who I actually am...here goes...


















God,I AM GOOD-LOOKING
Me

Oh sorry,that's my old picture...but since then,I have decided that I was too good-looking and had plastic surgeons make me look uglier...I'd pose my new face on this blog after they remove the bandages from my face.Shit...these doctors really should give me less pills to consume...


Batman spun on 9:17 AM.