Friday, July 22, 2005
Karmacoma

"You sure you want to be with me, I've nothing to give...I see you digging a hole in your neighborhood, You’re crazy but you’re lazy..."

- Words from Massive Attack's Karmacoma

Call me a nasty but I am almost gleeful this morning when I read that Xiaxue's website got hacked and basically erased.Ok,whoever did that is a nasty as well but you have to say that Miss Xia has it coming for her.Sample a post from her blog (ooops...not that you can do that now!) and see many of these involved expletives, sex or just sliming people.People who maybe just happen to cross her path.Well,now she's got the ultimate payback.She has nothing left of these slimeballs she hurled at people.

What really amused me were her reactions.Apparently,when she found that she was locked out of her blog,she was frantic and crying.And check out this statement: 'My blog is my biggest achievement in life, and losing it is my worst fear.'

I ask you this:Isn't it sad that the one thing defining your tiny little life is a nasty little blog that offered you five (not even Andy Warhol's fifteen) minutes of fame?Well,maybe Warhol's other famous statement is a reading of Xiaxue's life, namely: "I am a deeply superficial person."Only Xiaxue might just be plain superficial.I have seen her on TV in some Channel U talkshow (the one featuring the ex-DJ Desmond Koh and Quan Yifeng) and she doesn't come across as particularly (or remotely) intelligent to me.

Well,one might think that she'd actually to be a little nicer in person after getting such a hit but she's gone back to sprouting "motherphuckers" in no time.As the Smiths might say: "This joke isn't funny anymore" so cut the loose cannon-act and get some humility,if you have it in you.

She says she'd "come back stronger than ever" but in truth,I'd ask her to consider this.If the hacker (whoever he is...kudos to you,ultimate act of sabotage eh) ever decides to just repeat his act just once a month,Xiaxue will have nothing left of her "existence" to show anyone.Fame comes quickly and goes just as swiftly.

It's incredibly sad that someone places a blog as the centrepiece of one's life,I can only ask how empty can that be but well,to each his/her own.I always say for people like this,he or she needs a boy/girl...not a God-forsaken blog.Then maybe you really know what's the greatest achievement in life for anyone is...the ability to love someone unconditionally.

And not writing some stupid blog.


Batman spun on 4:07 PM.