Thursday, August 04, 2005
Liar Liar

Read the series of news reports on the trial of Constance Chee,who flunged poor little Sindee Neo to her death off a block of flats.Horrible horrible horrible.Little girl pays for the sins of a lousy father.If anything,it's the father (Neo Eng Tong)who should be thrown off the block,not little Sindee.

Ok,anyway,the facts of the case are that Neo was having an extra-marital affair with Chee and well,blah blah blah...the facts get blurred and Sindee ends up dead.Whatever it is...Neo's behaviour and testimony bears evidence of his erm,dubious character.

Apparently,he often sent "mushy" SMSes (truth be told,I don't find them mushy...they are like just about any other message that a man in love would send to his other half...I think Joycelyn Wong,the reporter who wrote the article needs a man) to Chee...including,I quote "I love u 99 serene" and "Daer 2moro we go out ok I so miss u I 5day can no sleep sms me ok I love u".

Bad English I know but gets the message across...particularly this one "2moro u want go out we go sakola".Sakola is a hotel.Dicky is itchy.

The amusing thing really is that Neo denies that he understands everything he keyed...he claimed he doesn't know what 99 (久久) nor bey bey (I think it's BABY) means despite keying them in...in fact he claimed he just copied,edited and forwarded messages that Chee sent to him.Seriously I doubt anyone would have as bad a grasp of English as him.

Also,the arsehole claimed that he was returning Chee's SMSes and going out with her because he was afraid she would go to his flat and create a scene.

To which,Chee's lawyer,the very high-profile Subhas Anandan gave this very barbed reply,"So the purpose is to stop her from harassing you. What ingenious reasoning."

Yes,what ingenious rubbish reasoning indeed.

Liar liar
____________________________________________________________

I had being going out with this girl who is an absolute 辣妹 but anyway recently I found that she told me some little lies...about her age.She said she was born in December instead of her actual birth month (which is May) and I didn't understand...why would a girl wanna lie about her MONTH of birth (we are born in the same year).

According to my little sis Celina and my friend,Jubilee,girls would like to be younger than someone/a person they like (apparently friends no problem...which makes sense of course).I really didn't know that.I didn't even realise that a matter of months make a difference to girls...who seem to feel even if same year,they still prefer the guys to be older.

Interesting concept.Now I know better.It's lucky that I was born in March and not a lot of girls born in my year will be older than me...but anyway,after pondering a bit,I decided not to pursue any interest that I may have.

It's not because of the birthdate lie but because I find that we have different values and outlook.It's difficult.And anyway while indications are that she likes me in a way,I still can't tell whether it's "like" in that sense or liking and caring as a good friend would.So that's that.

But while I'm at it,even though I understand the rationale (kinda),I still must say...

Liar liar
____________________________________________________________

I was reading an online version of The Ridgefield Press when I came across a review of blogs by the respected US critic,David Manning and he made a mention of my blog...here's an excerpt...

"...and within the international community of this global blogging phenomenon,a number of blogs stood out for me...another one,The StrugglingOfficeboy,provides clever and insightful commentry about politics in his/her country and knowledgable movie reviews as well..."

WOW,an international critic actually mentioned my blog...can you believe that?!Geez,I didn't know my blog actually has readership as far-reaching as that.

Thank you all,faithful readers for supporting me thus far.With your unwavering support,I am sure I can continue to provide years of,I quote

"...clever and insightful commentry about politics in his/her country and knowledgable movie reviews ..."

- David Manning, Ridgefield Press.

Thank you!Thank you!


Batman spun on 10:26 AM.